Wednesday, March 7, 2018

Vision and Mission Statement

     To me personally creating and vision and mission statement was one of the hardest things I had to do when it came to my business plan. As being a natural over thinker as well as not trying to sound overly professional or not professional enough it was hard for me to come up with them. Nevertheless lets start off with my companies mission statement. It is our mission to synergistically and collaboratively leverage high-quality products to meet our customers needs. To me this hit all of the points I wanted to hit while being very simple at its core. Two most important things are quality of my product and customer satisfaction, if those two things are met then our mission is complete. Next my vision statement is very short and simple, however it is a pretty large task at hand. Our vision statement simply is to eliminate dehydration from the populous. This isn't a vision of ridding the whole world of dehydration, this is something that I am aware I will not be able to do, however those who have the necessary amount of water to intake a day but choose not to or have troubles drinking enough is exactly what I am targeting with my vision. Before I created my mission and vision statements I went and explored big companies and looked at their statements, ranging from coke to bestbuy. Some of the mission and vision statements I looked at to me did not fit how the general public perceives this company. What I mean is for example if you're selling candy and you say your goal is to rid the world from world hunger, it sounds silly, and to me this is kind of what these big companies were doing. This is why I had such a big problem trying to figure mine out, because I did not want to sound like that, but on the other hand I felt it to be a bit necessary when it came to the vision statement. I believe that  good vision statement is something that is very out of reach so that you have something to constantly keep striving for. That is what I was trying to do with my vision statement. Overall like I said earlier, this was very hard for me, however I am happy with what I came up with and will be sticking to it with my future business endeavors.

No comments:

Post a Comment