Wednesday, March 7, 2018

Guest Speaker - Shadrach White

     Our fifth and final guest speaker of the quarter was a man named Shadrach White. He is the CEO of a software company called cloudPWR and their mission statement is "We are on a mission to simplify complex problems and help organizations adopt cloud based solutions". Since we just spoke about mission and vision statements two days prior I thought it was very fitting to mention theirs, also I believe that with other mission statements they give a lot of "filler". What I mean by that is their mission statement is way off of what the actual public portrays the company as. However with cloudPWR I feel like they hit the nail on the head with theirs. In addition to his awesome mission statement, Shadrach didn't quite plan out his speech, but this made his talking points more effective, because with less structure he wasn't focused on hitting every single point more of just going with the flow of things. Going with the flow and allowing pretty much any type of questions to be asked from a very wide array of topics made his lecture that much more interesting and engaging. Another thing that I really enjoyed about his visit was he's an experienced CEO and entrepreneur, in a sense he's not new to the entrepreneur game, he knows what he is talking about and has a been there done that mentality which made me want to absorb all the knowledge possible from this man. One weakness that I have and that I acknowledged early this quarter was that it's hard for me to motivate others when I myself am not motivated. As a CEO you must be able to move your employees and always wear a smile on your face no matter the circumstances in either your life or the business. Shadrach explained how important this was and how he essentially does it all the time, and from his demeanor you can tell he's just that type of guy and I envy that of him and hope that one day I too will be able to motivate my employees in a way that makes all of us more efficient and happy in the workplace. It's sad that this was the last guest speaker we had this quarter, however we ended on a very high note with Shadrach and I am thankful that he took the time from his schedule to come and talk to our class.

No comments:

Post a Comment